Dispatcher Training


Lesson five. Unified carrier registration. Hi guys. In this video, I would like to talk to you about some details that you need to know if you still want to open the truck company. First and foremost, you need to register your company, get the MC and DOT above which we spoke in our previous videos. You need to go through several bureaucratic operations. After you’ve got an MC, you need to activate it. To do that, you need to conclude an agreement with the insurance company. You need to insure the driver of the truck and the trailer. If the truck and the trailer belong to you, in the insurance, you need to specify such categories as physical damage, liability, and cargo.

If you work with an operator, then choose the categories of ease and cargo. These are the actions you take to activate MC. You also need to fill out the BIOS data form, comprises three forms. This form is completed through a special person, processing agent. The services of such an agent costs an average of $30 to $50. You must do the unified carrier registration. This is a program, the UCR that requires all individuals and legal entities operating commercial vehicles in the interstate or international trade to register the USA business and pay the annual fee based on the number of trucks. This program applies to all interstate carriers.

The UIR system was created to test active insurance coverage in every state in which the carrier operates. You must register using your company’s USDOT and AMI numbers. You can register on the site that will be under the video, ucr.gov

You also need to get a [0:01:45 inaudible] SCAC code. [0:01:48 inaudible] SCAC is a two-to-four-digit identification code that is used by the transport industry to identify freight carriers in computer systems and transport documents. SCAC can be obtained on the website www.nmfta.org link in the video description. You fill out a special form where you specify your MC and DOT and within 24 hours, you will receive it on your email.

After you receive the SCAC code from NMFTA, you must send this form by email to USA Customs and Border Protection Service, Office of Trade at [email protected] or by fax to enter the automated commercial system. Thank you for your attention and see you in the next video.

Leave your thought here

Your email address will not be published.

Alert: You are not allowed to copy content or view source !!